Anti Ageing Herbs That Boost Immunity
Ageing is an inevitable process involving the changes in a person’s physical, psychological, mental and social behaviour. Wrinkled skin, greying hair, and macular as well as muscular degeneration are only a few symptoms of ageing. Hormonal changes are an unavoidable part of life and while some medications can help in coping with the ageing, it is the natural ingredients such as herbs and spices that bring the real harmony in the life. The natural ingredients are known to balance life and health.
- Guduchi, also known as Giloy, is known to revive skin tissues and resolve skin inflammatory conditions with its anti-inflammatory properties. Guduchi is also responsible for promoting mental clarity and enhancing the immune system in humans.
- Guggulu, derived from the flowering tree of Mukul, is a powerful and potent herb. The anti-inflammatory properties of Guggulu helps in combating various diseases and infections as its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic inhibits the growth of free radicals in the body.
- Brahmi, scientifically known as Bacopa Monnieri is a natural memory enhancer and helps humans deal with age related memory loss. It is known to regenerate the brain cells and provide de-stressing properties.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry) is an excellent source of Vitamin-C and antioxidants that help the body fight various diseases and is also related to preventing age-related macular degeneration and Cataract. It is also known to rejuvenate skin and hair health.
- Turmeric Curcumin helps in dealing with age related bone and joint ailments and pain caused due to it. It also has powerful anti-ageing as well as anti-inflammatory properties that helps keep diseases at bay and enhances immunity to various infections.
- Neem is the bitter herb with cooling properties that has antibacterial, antiviral, anti inflammatory, antibiotic, anticarcinogenic, anti ageing as well as antioxidant properties. It also has purifying effects on the body by liver detox and blood purification.
- Ginseng contains a lot of phytochemicals which are helpful in stimulating and activating skin metabolism. These phytochemicals get rid of free radicals that get accumulated when your skin is exposed to pollution and sunlight providing protection to the skin with its anti aging properties.
- Gotu kola is a herb that is rich in flavonoids with antioxidant activity that helps protect the skin and body. This makes it an extremely essential anti-ageing herb.
- Ashwagandha, mostly used as a de-stressing agent, helps in rapid cell regeneration and rejuvenation that in turn helps in delaying signs of ageing.
- Basil, a herb usually found in kitchens across the globe tops the list of herbs that are useful in fighting visible signs of skin ageing. Topical application of basil has been proven beneficial in retaining moisture and hydration of skin and also prevents wrinkles, reduces roughness and provides skin with the soothing feeling.
- Cinnamon can help prevent the breakdown of collagen and boosts its production thus preventing the signs of premature aging, especially of skin. Cinnamon also relieves joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties and supports digestive health.
- Ginger is known to rejuvenate skin and may control production of harmful free radicals that affects metabolism and causes skin harm. Ginger has anti-inflammatory as well as anti-ageing properties that boost immunity and prevent signs of ageing.
- Sage is usually used in aromatherapy and is extremely high in flavonoids. It helps combat inflammation and helps in dealing with age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles, the trinity of ageing.