Brain Enhancing Superfood You Must Try !
Every gym enthusiast struggles to consume the amount of proteins required to tone their bodies after a hefty workout. Doing so by consumption of just a daily diet and not extra protein supplements that could potentially cause long-term problems is a great challenge. The solution, however, lies right in front for everyone to ponder. Yes, Flaxseed!
Flaxseed are highly rich in proteins and are prized for their health-protective properties. In fact, as more research emerges, flaxseeds are quickly climbing the ladder to being the next superfood. Isn’t that amazing? The following is the nutrient constituent of a spoonful of ground flaxseeds:
- 37 Calories
- 1.3g Protein
- 2g Carbs
- 1.9g Fiber
- 3g Total fat (0.3g Saturated, 0.5g Monounsaturated, 2g Polyunsaturated)
- 1.597mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 8% RDA of Vitamin B1
- 7% RDA of Magnesium
- 4% RDA of Phosphorus
- 2% RDA of Vitamin B6
- 2% RDA of Folate
- 2% RDA of Calcium
- 2% RDA of Iron
- 2% RDA of Potassium
The health benefits of Flaxseed mainly resides in its Omega-3 fatty acids, fibres and lignans. Lignans are beneficial plant compounds that are known to have significant antibiotic properties and certain anti-carcinogenic properties as some studies suggest. In fact, Flaxseed contains 800 times more lignans than any other plant food. The following are some of the amazing health benefits of these nutty-flavoured goodness.
- Flaxseed is a nutrient dense substance and provides an impressive plethora of amazing health benefits.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are considered as good fats and play a major role in maintaining blood pressure levels, thereby known to improve cholesterol levels that can potentially harm the cardiac functioning of the body.
- Alpha linolenic acid (ALA) is one of the essential fatty acids in the human body and is well known to boost brain functioning and brain health naturally.
- Flaxseed oil has also proven helpful in reducing symptoms of dermatitis such as inflammation, redness, and itching of the skin.
- Flaxseed has a promising effect on the human digestive system by reducing constipation and the symptoms of diarrhea.
- A study has witnessed that Flaxseed inhibits the growth of cancerous cells, providing anti-carcinogenic effects.
- A Japanese study shows that including Flaxseed in a daily meal can have significant antidepressant effects.
- Lignan in Flaxseed is beneficial for liver care and health in general.
- Lignan also has estrogen balancing properties that help with menopausal symptoms and period cramps.
- Flaxseed has rich fibre content which enables regular and normal bowel movements.
- Flaxseed protein is rich in amino acids such as arginine, aspartic acid and glutamic acid.
- It also has anti-fungal properties, and thus, prevents infections with the additional help from antioxidant properties.
- Flaxseed is a great snacking material, being nutritious and fibre rich. It enables a boost in health and weight control in a one nut flavoured package.
- It has tendency to trigger hunger control hormones.
Flaxseed is a versatile food supplement and can be used in a multitude of different ways. The roasted seeds are delicious and can be consumed as a snack or it can be used as a dressing in a salad or ground into smoothies. Flaxseed oil is also available as a cooking base to attain the amazing health benefits of the beloved superfood!