Ancient cultures such as the Chinese and Japanese have always been at large with the alternative form of medication. Some of the staples they consumed were not just nutritious in nature, but also delicious and delightful. One such delightful beverage is Kombucha. Kombucha is a fermented drink with a tangy and effervescent taste which is rich in probiotics. It is, however, extremely important to consume only high quality and safely brewed Kombucha because incorrect fermentation can lead to side effects rather than health benefits. Kombucha tea is made by fermenting tea, sugar, and a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast that gives it a tangy taste.
There are numerous health benefits to the consumption of Kombucha, the most noted of which is a digestive aid that it provides.
CONSTITUENTS OF KOMBUCHA
- Acetic acid
- Lactic acid
- The human gut has live bacteria living in it, which aids in digestion and is deemed as the good bacteria. This bacteria is known as the probiotic.
- The symbiotic bacteria used to ferment Kombucha contains lactic acid which is known to activate the probiotic action in the human gut.
- This provides the human body with multiple health benefits by aiding digestion, reducing inflammation and even aiding weight loss.
- It can reduce the inflammation of the inner intestine and stomach lining to promote gut health.
- Antioxidant is a substance that fights the harmful free radicals released during the oxidation process in the human body.
- Naturally consumed antioxidants are more effective in improving immunity and lowered immunity related symptoms.
- A study suggests that regular consumption of Kombucha reduces toxicity by nearly 70% and boosts immunity in general.
ANTIBACTERIAL AND ANTI-CARCINOGENIC PROPERTIES
- Acetic acid is one of the main ingredients used for the fermentation of Kombucha, which also has an abundance of vinegar.
- Acetic acid and vinegar; both are known to have antibacterial properties and can prevent various bacterial infections.
- The antimicrobial effects suppress the growth of undesirable bacteria and yeasts, preventing damage to the healthy bacteria while maintaining the general health in humans.
- The antimicrobial, anticarcinogenic, antibiotic and antioxidant actions play a huge role as an immunity enhancer.
- Immunity grants health by keeping infections and illnesses at bay while providing general wellness.
- It also fights the free radicals released into the body and provides a certain anti-ageing and rejuvenation effect.
- Kombucha is found significant in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- It is also known to manage the blood pressure balance in humans and shows the effects of reduced hypertension.
- The green tea in Kombucha lowers the levels of LDL, which is considered bad cholesterol and prevents the hardening of arteries.
- The above mentioned aspects prevent cardiovascular problems and also enhance liver as well as gut health.
The tangy and effervescent drink of Kombucha is surely a refreshing cup of health benefits. One must definitely try this culinary delight for its multitude of benefits and delightful rejuvenation. Turns out the ancient civilizations seriously knew how to make their drinks and handle them too!