Wonders Of Amla Or Indian Gooseberry
Scientifically known as Phyllanthus Emblica, Amla or Indian gooseberry is the fruit of a deciduous plant with leathery leaves. The name of Amla has been derived from the Sanskrit word “Amraki” that translates to “the nectar of life” or “the sustainer”. The translation of the name says everything that needs to be said about the miraculous health benefits of this superfood. Amla helps in eliminating the underlying cause of several diseases and has been used for preparing medicines since ancient times. This superfood is a storehouse of energy, minerals and vitamins. A single tiny Amla is equivalent to the vitamin C content of two oranges. Amla contains energy, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, dietary fibers, folates, vitamin A, vitamin B1 (thiamin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin B12 (riboflavin), vitamin C, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, and iron. The Indian Gooseberry has been associated with a number of health benefits; here is a list of all its wonderful miracles:
- The vitamin C rich Amla has strong immunity enhancing properties. It negates the effects of free radicals in the body and enhances immune response to allergens and common diseases.
- Amla’ antiviral properties help in curing symptoms of cold and flu, such as a sore throat and an inflamed throat.
- Amla is an excellent stress reliever as it helps in secreting stress-relieving hormones in people who consume amla on a regular basis.
- If induced in carrier oil, Amla has properties that help in providing peaceful sleep. It is considered an effective remedy for insomnia.
- Amla can alleviate the symptoms of respiratory ailments such as asthma, chronic cough, tuberculosis, blocked chest, etc. Vitamin C has a beneficial effect on respiratory disorders.
- Amla beefs up the defense mechanism of the human body with its antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. If Amla is consumed on a regular basis, it can help a person become resistant to many diseases.
- NuvoMed Amla herbal supplements in USA are an easy way to ingest Amla regularly, helping you reap the wondrous benefits of this miraculous herb.
- Nutrient packed Amla reduces the activity of cells, while providing anti-aging effects, thus guaranteeing healthy skin and strong bones.
- Amla rejuvenates all seven reproductive muscles of the human reproductive system. They enhance sperm quality and aid in the process of conceiving.
- Regular consumption of Amla increases concentration and boosts memory. The antiaging effects of Amla stretch towards preventing diseases caused due to brain cell degeneration, such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disorder.
- Possessing several medicinal properties, Amla prevents the formation of gallstones which is a painful health condition.
- Several nutrients in Indian Gooseberry act together to prevent blockage formation in the arteries and keep the heart in prime condition.
- Amla also helps in maintaining a good cholesterol ratio and banishes the bad cholesterol while enhancing cardiovascular functioning and boosting the circulatory system.
- Amla triggers the taste receptors and aids in releasing active digestive enzymes, thus boosting the liver function.
- The fiber-rich fruit strengthens the digestive system with its nutrient-rich nature, leading to the improvement of the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from consumed food.
- Amla helps in healing mouth ulcers and bad breath.
- Amla aids in cleansing the gastrointestinal tract. Its cooling and laxative properties are beneficial in preventing constipation and piles.
- Amla is effective in blood purification and increases the haemoglobin content.
- Vitamins and minerals present in Amla prevent menstrual cramps.
- Amla boosts the body’s metabolism, thereby aiding in weight loss while helping one maintain a healthy body weight ratio.
- The antioxidant present in Indian Gooseberry protects the retina from oxidative stress and reduces the chances of cataract formation in one’s eyes.
- Amla also has beauty benefits such as glowing skin, healthy scalp, and reduced pigmentation.
Amla is quite power-packed and well on its way to becoming the next superfood. It has multiple health and beauty benefits if consumed on a regular basis. Therefore, consider including Amla as a part of your daily diet. NuvoMed Amla herbal supplements in USA make it easy and effortless to be healthy, happy and beautiful.